Many times the buyers cancel the shipment, these canceled branded garments are often known as the surplus stock of branded garments. Besides, the rest of the garments that stay in the factory are called surplus garments. Mostly, all the factories sell their stocks garments at a wholesale price compared to the real price.
The reason behind the surplus stock of branded garments are:
Often a factory additional cutting of garment 2.5% to 5% to match the complete order quantity. After completing the order quantity, the rest garments are called stock lots.
Some of the garments are rejected by the purchaser’s representative during an inspection. The primary cause of rejection is the quality does not fit the buyer’s requirement. These surplus stocks of branded garments are called stock lots or surplus garments.
Cancel Shipment: The primary reason for stock lot garments is the cancellation of shipment. It can occur due to delay of shipment as per pre-scheduled. More often the buyers cancel the shipment when the garment does not match the requirement because the specification does not match exactly.
There are always two sides of the coins. The benefits of surplus garments are:
- The benefit of surplus or stock lot garments is low price. The price is so cheaper as it offered heavy discounts. Now a day it is a profitable business.
- You will get ready items designed by a popular designer. No price for design, planning, etc. No need for extra time.
Here is the Problem with surplus garments :
- The problems of surplus stock of branded garments mismatch of proportion. Most of the products have no accurate size or color proportion.
- In terms of quality stock garments sometimes unable to fulfill.
- In spite of some drawbacks, it is a very popular and profitable business for small businesses.