If one wants to enter a fairy tale world, Sri Lanka is the country to visit. With its rich cultures, legends, nature’s calmness, vibrating nightlife, and beautiful shores, Sri Lanka is a place where a long vacation can be the best idea. The tiny nation is filled with beaches, national parks, hills, tea-estates, and religious sites that give one the chills and thrills. After a long and tedious break, Sri Lanka has finally opened its tourism for Indians. With that being said, now it’s time to look at all the guidelines and updates of Sri Lanka tourism.
Same old Sri Lanka new guidelines
Here are the new guidelines for tourists to Sri Lanka.
- The ones traveling to Sri Lanka must be fully vaccinated with two doses of any covid-19 vaccine. The traveler’s last dose must be at least two weeks before entry.
- One needs a compulsory negative RT-PCR report, not older than 72 hours.
- The hotels require booking. It’s essential to book L1 Safe and secure three stars or above-category hotels for the first two days before applying for a visa, or till the arrival PCR test is complete, whatever comes first.
- Travelers must have a local covid-19 travel insurance cover or a travel insurance policy of 50000 dollars for at least a month.
- People who are taking the arrival PCR test with their money don’t need to give the PCR test. The fee is 40 USD per test.
- Kids under the age of 2 do not require the PCR test unless their parents’ or guardians’ report is positive.
- Tourists can visit approved tourist spots. However, they must have their bio-bubble with them at all times.
The latest update for Sri Lanka Touring and Traveling
The Sri Lankan government has made many changes and has given many updates for traveling. Here are the latest ones.
- The number of flights going to or from India-Sri Lanka will increase from the 1st of September in 2021.
- One must get a permit from the ministry of foreign affairs or civil aviation authority of Sri Lanka for travel before going to Sri Lanka.
- Tourists can stay for an unlimited time in Sri Lankan hotels. They will also get all hotel facilities, and quarantine is not required either.
- Travelers must have a legal visa. They can apply online from eta.gov.Lk.
- One needs to hire a travel agent or a safe and secure hotel to transfer themselves from airports.
Best Sri Lanka tourist attractions
Here are the breathtaking tourist attractions of Sri Lanka.
- Adam’s peak is known for its sunrise view from the top and beautiful landscapes.
- The village of Mirissa is another tourist spot in Sri Lanka. It’s everything one wants in a place, perfect for a relaxing vacation, fishing, and whale watching. The words scenic and surreal underrate their beauty.
- Yala National Park is the best spot for nature lovers. It has a high amount of ferocious and beautiful leopards.
- Colombo is likewise the best city to visit in Sri Lanka. Try the cuisines, temples, museums, and nightlife here.
- To see the culture, tradition, and heritage of Sri Lanka, one must visit Jaffna, a land of beautiful temples and monuments.
- People will refresh their souls amid nature in Ulpotha. People will love the yoga and Ayurveda centers here.
- Lastly, Tissamaharama, the perfect place for tourists, the Tisa Weva Lake and Stupas add to its rich beauty.
India By Car and Driver is the perfect tour agency for Indian tourists to Sri Lanka. Their Golden Triangle Tour With Sri Lanka package will take them to not only some of the best locations in Sri Lanka but also the beautiful locations of India’s golden triangle, Delhi, Jaipur, and Agra.