Some see siding only as an additional aesthetic, but more than that. It is also an important layer of protection against weather and other threats, so that the correct siding option is important. This infographic can help with your decision!
Here are some of the siding options we destroy, including the descriptions of each, life expectancy, and other benefits:
Metal siding: aluminum and steel
Aluminum gained popularity because it was cheaper than wood, and also needed less care. Then the steel appears as another solid choice, thanks to the strength and endurance added.
Averaging life expectancy: 20-40 years (aluminum); 40+ years (steel)
1. Come in many styles, and can mimic the look of wood
2. Aluminum is one of the lowest price options
3. Aluminum substrates can last for decades, but need periodic refinishing
4. Steel is more expensive per square foot, but less susceptible to slamming and dents
5. Galvalume Steel is very tough, and does not need refinishing
Fiber Cement Siding
Semen fiber is the latest entry, and has been preferred thanks to great looks, impressive durability, low maintenance, and cost effectiveness.
Average life expectancy: 50-100 years with basic care
1. Come closest to imitate the look of natural wood granules
2. Available in various styles, designs, and orientation
3. Very durable, not susceptible to rotten or pest, a little maintenance needed
4. Including recycled material and can be recycled; This is more efficient resources
5. Higher price point, but also the possibility of the last side you need
Ready for all the details? See complete infographics! Skywalker Windows & Siding is a professional elite team of window contractors that serves NC Piedmont Triad, Piedmont Triangle, Charlotte Metro, and Roanoke, VA.