In the early years, we used to rely on conventional teaching & learning methods. However, as the years passed, new teaching methods arose with the advancement of technology. As a result, many Schools in Pratapnagar Sanganer, including Ideal Education Point (New Choudhary Public School), switched to such practices.
Modern teaching methods of the new era
We can’t say if these are better than the traditional teaching methods, but these sure are more convenient for the students and teachers.
Collaborative learning: The first one on our list is cooperative learning. Now let’s explain it through a story. First, a student is learning individually, bored, and slowly learning. Then, another student joins, adding more knowledge & perspective to it. It keeps on repeating until a group is formed. Sound familiar? That is collaborative learning for you.
- The benefit of collaborative learning is that each student understands the concept better and faster.
Spaced learning: In simple terms, it is learning in intervals. Instead of teaching a complicated topic, subject, or concept at a stretch of an hour, students learn in batches of, let’s say, 20 or 30 minutes each with revision, of course. This way, the students learn better without any burden.
- The best thing about this method is that it applies to every subject we learn, whether it’s a new language or a topic that requires practice, like math.
Self-learning: Students of the next generation, also known as generation Z students, prefer this learning method. Due to the internet, students can quickly learn at the desired speed and time with modern-learning methods.
- Since the internet has everything available, a student can find any desired topic within minutes, and even more, knowledge is public in one place than we can find in textbooks.
Crossover learning: Crossover learning is the best learning method on our list, efficiently engaging students and giving authentic and innovative outcomes. So what’s crossover learning, you ask? It’s a balanced blend of formal & informal teaching. In simple words, it’s formal learning with little freedom.
- Students can learn freely under the guidance of a teacher.
Even though we are in the digital era, Digital Schools in Jaipur still use some conventional teaching methods, including the following.
- Classrooms are still teacher-centric.
- The chalk talk method is still predominant.
- The classrooms are still strictly organized and controlled.
- Still, at this time, Digital Schools in Rajasthan give more importance to clearing exams than gaining knowledge.
- Education is still homework-based.
We are in the new decade where computers, laptops, devices with an internet connection, interactive whiteboards, LCD projectors, and more are and should be prevalent for education. Ideal Education Point (New Choudhary Public School) has switched to modern-teaching methods, and so should you.