Your curtains compliment the beauty of your home, but not when they look dirty and old. That’s why regularly cleaning them is essential. The best method for keeping curtains clean and fresh is dry cleaning.
Cleaning curtains by fabric
Fabric curtains: For cleaning fabric curtains, use these easy steps.
- Remove all hardware made of steel from the curtains, especially curtain hangings.
- Shake the outside of the curtains. It will remove some of the dirt and dust.
- While cleaning the fabric curtains, clean two panels at once on the sensitive wash cycle in cold water.
- To dry your curtains, use a low-heat setting on your dryer.
- Immediately remove it from the dryer when you are done to prevent wrinkling.
- Now, you can rehang your curtains.
Sheer fabric or lace curtains: Sheer fabric or lace curtains are lightweight, and their texture is such that they can get wrinkles and catches when wet. Use these steps to clean your lace curtains.
- Hand wash them in a sink filled with cold water and one teaspoon liquid dish cleaner.
- You need to shake the curtains outside to remove residue and pet hair.
- You must wash each curtain board by lowering it in soapy water for 10 minutes. At that point, twirl it to remove dirt and dust particles.
- To wrap up cleaning your sheer or bind blinds, mix 1 cup of Epsom salt with a sink full of cold water.
- You need to dry clean your curtains for 10 minutes now.
- The last step is to drain them gently. The tip here is to remove all water without rinsing.
Dry-clean only or polyester curtains: These are formal or lined curtains with a care label saying dry clean only. Most polyester curtains also have that caution. The chance is that they are costly, and you can ruin them if you clean them yourselves. For such blinds, it is recommended to take them to your Laundromat. If you would still like to give it a go, try these tips, but never wash them like usual.
- You can use a dry clean at-home kit.
- Wash a few curtains and dip a few in a bucket of cold water.
The best techniques to dry clean at home in 5 simple steps
Usually, when washing curtains, you may want to use specific measures to deal no damage to them. This article has five steps to dry clean curtains at home.
Checking the tag
The care label on your curtains is there for some reason, so read it carefully before washing them. You need to follow the instructions on your blinds’ care label carefully. Furthermore, if the mark says “dry clean only,” “hand wash only,” or other explicit details, keeping them in mind is also necessary.
Preparing curtains for the washer
In simple words, it is pre-wash. You should vacuum clean or shake off your curtains as much as possible from the outside first to remove the dirt and dust. Otherwise, they will become rough after washing. The last thing you need to do here is to remove all the curtains’ removable accessories.
Washing your curtains
- As per the care label instructions, wash your curtains in cold or normal water.
Drying your curtains
- Let them naturally dry in your washroom.
Ironing your curtains
- Iron your curtains after drying to make them look as good as new.
The above may be too complicated for you. Why take the trouble when you can find the best Dry Cleaner Near me? I recommend Dhobilite for top-quality laundry and dry cleaning services.