They say one is either in trend or thrash. The same is true for digital marketing. The marketing trends change swiftly and continuously, and here are the top 9 for 2022.
Stay ahead of the competition by following these top 9 digital marketing trends
A businessperson can get an edge over their competition and competitors by keeping a close eye on these trends.
Make short DIY videos: No matter one’s generation, they all have heard of TikTok. It drastically changed social media by shifting people’s full attention to short videos. Here’s how to do this trend
- These videos are perfect for the fast-paced life of today.
- People are tired of long and tedious content; instead, they would love short and entertaining videos.So swim in the river’s flow and make short explainers, polls, offers, promotions, etc.
Tell an actual story: Storytelling has always been a primary part of digital marketing. But the discussion is on selling the product in the modern era. These days, people don’t love how a brand’s products and the brand itself are better than others. So here’s what people want to know.
- They want to know how a brand delivered on people’s promises and lived up to their expectations.
- Brands these days need to explain the above point but through storytelling.
Focus on the audience: The lockdown was the biggest burden on social media users. Now and then, they would receive tons of ads, campaigns, and whatnot that they would find boring and deactivating their accounts. However, those who are still there want fresh and engaging content. Here’s how to give it to them.
- Remember that people get an ad every two scrolls.
- One must now make their ad short and engaging while still addressing the customers’ issues.
Build privacy, transparency & trust: Digital targeted marketing is the highlight these days due to data and web mining growth. Unfortunately, its overload is making people suspicious, and now it’s time to change it as Google has announced the stop of third-party cookies by 2023. Here’s what to change.
- Targeted marketing is essential, but only if it’s under a limit.
- Customers must know what data brands are collecting and why.
- Never collect more data than required.
Personalization: It’s not that essential now, but by the start of 2022, it will be the only important thing. People love personalization everywhere, whether gift advertising or even a simple necessity like a t-shirt. So next year, personalization will have center focus. Here’re the crucial things to do.
- Don’t make broad general ads in hopes that customers will like them.
- Making ads, which cater to the target market, will give better results.
Content segmentation: Content segmentation is nothing new. Marketers use it for separating customers based on similar demographics and shared interests. Some examples include newsletters, updates, offers, etc.
But now, it’s time to move out of standard strategies. Instead, here’s how to separate customers in 2022.
- Don’t use the standard opt-in, opt-out strategy.
- Ensure that the customers can opt-out from receiving certain sensitive content.
Conversational marketing & high-quality interactions: Brands communicated with their consumers before the rise of social media, so conversational marketing is an old concept. But it will be bigger and better. Here’s what will change in 2022.
- Companies can interact with more customers fast with chatbots.
- The use of chatbots will bring valuable data and insights for companies.
AI in digital marketing: Due to developments in artificial intelligence, digital marketing has boosted intuitive reporting and automation in general marketing tasks, but that’s the current news. So here’s the future of AI in digital marketing.
- Future AI can predict the customers’ needs before them.
- Companies can target consumers with the right product at the right time.
- Conversion rates will increase.
NFTs & crypto in social media commerce: NFTs and cryptocurrencies have been in the boom for the past years. It may sound ineffective for marketing strategies, but it will in 2022. Here’s the trend.
- Social media platforms took steps to make digital paymentsand show NFTs.
- The idea is to sell the brand beyond products and services, including its ethics.