Many people love to work in Australia temporarily or showcase their skills on a platform due to the wonderful opportunities the country provides them. For this task, they need an Australian Temporary Activity Visa.
Australian Visa Subclass 408 overview
The Australian Temporary Activity Visa or Subclass 408 Visa, which falls under Class GG, is a permit that allows one to enter Australia for working on a short-term basis in particular sectors or participating in social and cultural activities, or research, or international events.
Australian Temporary Activity Visa: Key points to remember
Here are the things to remember about this visa.
- The applicant can be inside or outside Australia when applying for the Subclass 408 Visa.
- This visa allows the holder to participate in specific events or work temporarily.
- It is not a permanent visa, which allows the holder to stay temporarily in the country. One can stay for a maximum time of 3 months to 4 years, depending on the situation of one’s application.
- The activities one can participate in under the Subclass 408 Visa are invited participants in an event, sports, religious workers, domestic workers, superyacht crew, research, staff exchange, special activities, Australian government-sponsored events, and entertainment.
Primary Eligibility Requirements
It is a very crucial sector of this article. So please read it carefully. Here are the essential eligibility requirements for the Australian Temporary Activity Visa Subclass 408.
- The applicants must prove that they have the required finance to compensate for the cost of a stay in Australia.
- The applicant must also meet the eligibility criteria under Genuine Temporary Stay, aka GTE.
- The applicant, in any case, must not have a permanent visa or a temporary visa issued by the Australian minister.
- The visa applicant must also have sufficient collections for health insurance.
- The applicant must meet specific public interest criteria and particular return criteria.
- The applicant must adhere to the health and character requirements.
- Lastly, one must prove that they are skillful enough to perform the activity they are applying for the visa for. They must also meet English language criteria, sponsors, supporters, etc.
Documents required for the Subclass 408 Visa
Interested applicants will need the following documents and proof when applying for the visa. Therefore, applicants are advised to have all these required documents at the time of visa application submission for smooth visa processing without any delays.
- The applicants are required to submit a copy of their passport pages.
- The applicants must also provide evidence of work as to when they were employed or if for entertainment, sports, etc., activity: the date(s) of participation.
- The applicants must show financial documents to prove to the Australian government that they can support themselves in Australia.
- The applicants must carry a police certificate stating that they have not committed any crimes or have any convictions against them.
- The applicants can use form 956 or 956a to show that someone else is helping them with the visa application, possibly a professional visa consultant.
- Suppose the applicants also include their family members such as a spouse, partner, or children. In that case, they must submit their documents like ID, birth certificate, evidence of relationship, form 1221, form 47a, and similar credentials.
For any help related to the Australian Subclass 408 Visa or any inquiry related to foreign education, work & migration, please contact the experienced Visa Consultant in Gwalior of HS Consultants Education & Migration as they are the best in this sector.
How to apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the visa online via an ImmiAccount (short for immigration account) with the Australian government on “https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/.”