People always think, why on earth would they need to clean their washing machines? Because it’s something that cleans their clothes. However, ironically cleaning washing machines is essential for them to be able to do their job correctly.
How to properly clean the washing machines?
Here are a few tips for people to clean their washing machines to last longer and work properly every time. These steps may sound similar to the ones they use on their clothes, but they work on washing machines too.
Washing with white vinegar or apple vinegar cider
One may have seen this in many articles related to cleaning dirty laundry, but it is also beneficial for cleaning washing machines. So here’s how it works?
- One needs to start by adding 2 cups of white vinegar or unfiltered apple cider vinegar to their detergent tray.
- If their washer doesn’t have a detergent tray, pouring it directly into the tub will also work.
- Here’s a tip, keep the washing machine at the hottest water settings possible. This helps one get rid of the dirty mold and mildew in the first wash only.
- The final step is to pour water into the washer and start the auto-spinning for around 5 to 7 min. Once it stops, pump out the dirty water.
Rinse for extra care
Just like it’s done when washing clothes, rinsing makes sure that the machine is spotless and removes any doubt from the user’s mind. So here’s how to rinse the washing machine?
- After washing with white vinegar or apple vinegar cider, let the hot water flow freely in the machine again for about 5 min.
- This time the user doesn’t need to add any solution to the water. Let the nice water work its magic.
- Once it’s over, flush out the dirty water thoroughly. Don’t even let a single drop stay inside.
After wash tips
The washing machine is now shining, but only from the inside. What about its exterior body? It also needs cleaning, so here’s how to do it so that it can finally return the favor by cleaning the laundry and saying thank you.
- The user needs ¼ of the part bleaching powder or liquid and one cup of warm water. Mix it to get a solution.
- The next part is to get a clean cloth and dump it into the mix.
- Lastly, clean every nook and corner of the machine.
Good job, now the machine is all worked up and ready to convert the dirty laundry into clean, wearable clothes.
After reading this, if anyone thinks they don’t have the time to clean their washing machine or, worse, no time for laundry, they should search up Dhobilite, a pick-up and drop Dryclean Service Company. Their laundrymen pick up their clothes from home, wash them in squeaky clean machines and drop their clothes home, clean & fresh.